Complaint against neighbour encroaching on other's property

27-Mar-2023 (In Property Law)
We bought an open plot and when we got it surveyed found that our neighbor has encroached few feet into our plot. With good will, we discussed and neighbor agreed that he would demolish the extended balcony. We initiated the construction in our plot and after few days when we asked him he is now changing his stance. He is saying he would not remove the encroached balcony. We also offered him one alternate of selling that encroached property to him. He is not ready for that too. He is not even ready to show his land papers and now answering recklessly that he will not do anything. Is there any way out, please suggest. Is demolishing the encroached balcony his responsibility or do we need to share that expense (it is his new demand now). Will we get any advantage by moving legally.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
913 votes
First of all you have to make an application to the Municipality that your neighbor encroached and constructed in illegal manner and to demolish the encroached area, if the Municipality do not show any interest in taking action you can file a suit including the municipality as a party before the concerned court showing your documents that your neighbor encroached your area and then take a direction to demolish.
Answer #2
674 votes
This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

You have to go as per the legal procedure and file complaint against your neighbour before the different government authorities and also send legal notice through advocate to him for demolish his balcony otherwise we will take legal action against. him. For sending Legal Notice consult me through this website.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."