Compensation form builder for delay possession.

Hello, I have purchased a flat in Feb 2014 in Noida Extension. As per sell agreement the possession date was Dec 2016. This data has been passed long ago. Can i claim builder to pay me back the late penalty? As per new rule of RERA, the possession date is Sep 2019. Please help me in this case, Do i need to ask for penalty or the old date of possession is gone invalid after RERA act. If i still can ask Builder for penalty then how can i ask him please let me know. Many Thanks!!

Answers (2)

74 votes

Since,u r a consumer and ur builder is trader,there is delay on his part.There is omssion under Consumer protection act.U were forced to take pain of hardships being devoid of possession.As well he has not performed as agreed and thus has breached the contract governed by contract act.In this way liable to pay penalties as commonly observed by courts of law.So far as RERA is concerned, it has trospective effect on future transaction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

109 votes

In the above-mentioned queries please file a complaint in U.P. RERA LUCKNOW IMMEDIATELY annexed with all the documents like brochures , allotment receipt, payment receipt , loan papers and agreement to sale.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles