Clarification regrading family dispute over ancestral property

1) Sir, we (My Father, Uncle and my wife's brother) have land at a place. But my wife's Brother and familyhas constructed on our land illegally (approx on half of our land front). Now, after measurement, same thing has emerged and they (my wife brother and his father) are saying that now construction has completed and can't do anything, "aaplog jo kar sakte hai kar lijiye". 2) Now, unfortunately 2 days before, for giving me a Back ache massage at about 11 PM my wife came with hot garlic oil in her hand without informing me and unfortunately while adjusting myself oil in her hand got spilled onto her face. My family members who were slipping on different room assisted her to hospital. 3) Now, her parents & brother took her in confidence to counter their mistake explained at Para 1 & trying to harass us saying that we all together burned her face. They fearing case against us so that we compromise with them for land. Pls sir give me a suitable advice to counter this.

Answers (2)

Don't be panic. If they file any case regarding assault on your wife, contact a good lawyer and contest the case with all relevant facts and documents. With regard to to your land on which your in laws constructed a house, make a complaint before concerned authority.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If your wife is living with you, take her in confidence and file a complaint before police or in C J M court for illegal encroachment upon your land. But if wife is not with you, file a complain before police that they are forcibly trying to separate your wife, for taking a defense in illegal encroachment matter. And do this before they do any case against you

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

This problem is faced by my dad as the property is in his name. my grandfather made a WILL and all his property was divided equally among my dad and h…

Read More

Can a married granddaughter claim a share in ancestral property which has been already partitioned in 1995 through will made in 1994 to son and grands…

Read More

hi, My grandfather had ancestral fields to his name and he died without making any will.The property is now divided in all his 5 sons in equal parts n…

Read More

Ancestral Property has been divided since, 15 years back among two male heirs equally (1 & 2) after mutual agreement and two female heirs ( 3 & 4) con…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue