Clarification regarding buying a property from GPA holder.

Question is : - A person x who is a absolute owner and executed GPA in favour of his mother and has gone USA for job assignments. Can I buy the property from person x mother? What are the documentation required to safe gaurd my interest? Please advice.

Answers (2)

210 votes

If it is registered GPA , you can buy the property .
Also you need to check the person x is married has kids because his wife and kids and object to the sale .
Also you to consult an advocate and verify the sale deed , khata , tax paid receipt ,. Family tree etc

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

94 votes

If the person has executed the GPA with a right to sell and receive the consideration of the property you can buy it with proper Registered Sale deed. It is required to look into the terms and conditions of the GPA executed.

As regards Documentation a Proper sale deed has to be executed.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles