Clarification on sale of portion of undivided property by co-owner

Mere dadaji k ek bade bhai the. Mere dadaji k 1 bete aur bade dadaji k 2 bete. Jab bade dadaji apni will bana rahe the tou unhone apni property apne dono bete aur mere pitaji k naam kar di. Bade dadaji k guzar jaane k baad mere dadaji ko 2 aur ladke huwe. Kuch samay baad mere dadaji bhi guzar gaye. In sab baato ko guzre lagbhag 30 saal se jyada ho gaya. Kuch dino pehle pitaji ne apne hisse ki property ko bade dadaji ne transfer ki thi unke ladko ko bech di. Ab mere khaas chacha ji log un paise me hissa mang rahe hai warna case karne ki bol rahe hai. Kya unka koi legal huq banta hai ? Agar case huwa tou kya kya document chahiye honge?

Answers (2)

270 votes

Unka legal haq nahi banta par woh dada jahi property hone ke naty case kar sakty hai jiske liye apko will ki cope sale ke documents wagarah lane parengy. Apke dadaji ki koi property thi toh woh us mein se bhi hissa lengy

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

286 votes

Hello, In case of your elder grandfather's property being his self acquired property ( on plain assumption) , a portion of which later devolved upon your father through a WILL, your uncles have no right in the said portion. Your father's alienation of that portion of property which came to him through your elder grandfather becomes his gifted property through transfer( and since it is still not a part of ancestral property , he is free to alienate the same in any manner whatsoever). The consideration amount that he has received in lieu of that property from your uncles to whom he has sold it, is his own money and no one can ask for his/her share in that money during your father's lifetime. The original WILL , SALE DEED, TRANSFER DEED etc.. are few of the documents that shall be required. For further details you may contact me.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles