Clarification on property division after the death of both the parents

A house 1275 sqft with construction of 700sqft ground floor and 300sqft at first floor in the name of my mother. My mother expired in heirs are father,me,my sister and my brother. My father expired now at Dec 2017. We now want our shares immediately. how to approach through law

Answers (3)

172 votes

You can file Partition Suit before appropriate civil court. As you said, you, your sister and your brother are the only legal heirs left, you all are entitled to a share in the property, as you all falls under succession

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

263 votes

Hi sir/madam.
You just ask your brother and sister and divided equally. Suppose they are not accepting mean you file partition suit

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
238 votes

After the expiry of your parents if they have not written a will it will go to the three children and for this you have to obtain a succession certificate from the court and after this all of you can go for a partition and arrive at the details .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We have ancestral property lands. Everything is in Joint among 10 brothers. Nine brothers are willing for division. But one brother and his sons is no…

Read More

Respected sir/ma'am My house was in slum area then it came into redevelopment plan. But since last 12 years project is only partially completed wi…

Read More

I would like to know what are the rights of daughter in laws in the property of parent in laws in terms of their self acquired and inherited property?…

Read More

My parents have made individual wills though unregistered. There is a mention of the two brothers that is me and my younger brother, but nowhere in th…

Read More