Clarification on construction of house by neighbour in owner's land

I want only to know if the plot of land is owned by me(with proof). But due to distance far, my neighbour had constructed a bunglow on it and given on rent to someone without my acknowledgement. What legal steps can i take on him??

Answers (3)

313 votes

You can file complaint against that neighbor under section 406,420,467,468,471,465 that he must have made illegal documents for doing construction and all and also doen illegal trespassing in your land.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

98 votes

There are many alternative to get relived from this problem. It depends which way you wish to go and how strongly you are ready to fight. If the owner of that questioned land is you then everything will be in your favour. Be assured. For further information you can contact me through lawrato or can approach to a local lawyer.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
57 votes

You can file complaint for criminal trespassing of your property if your neighbor has constructed on your property. Further you can file suit for demolition of his construction. Where is the property situated?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles