Claim of married daughter over father's property after his death

02-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
My father died in 2011, n than his property transferred to mother name.. I'm married daughter can I claim on property. I'm hindu
Answers (2)

Answer #1
601 votes
Dear Citizen,
After the new amendments and judgments, married daughters are also eligible to claim share in the property of the father. You can claim equal share in the property. Going by this rule you, your brother and your mother have equal share in the property.
However it should also be seen that your father has not executed a will for self acquired property. As this may create some complication.
Answer #2
533 votes
Yes you can claim this property..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."