Change in specification to increase super area of flat.

Hi , I boiught a flat in noida sector 143 , They have change the cpeciffication of flat in between and increased all balacony areas drastically. means the balcony which should be size of 7x5 is nto 7x19 which seems like a gallery now.There are 4 flats in a flaoor and all are havign private r personal balconies as per actual specififcation.Now they joined all balconies to increase areas. it harm the privacy completely these all 4 flat in a flow seems interconnected now.Bulder is charging for thi sextra area as well.Let me know what t do in this case.

Answers (3)

285 votes

contact your builder for the dispute arising and if he doesnt pay heed to your problem then first of all check all specifications of the agreement which you have signed.if your dispute is not resolved then you can file a complaint against that builder with the consumer forum after giving notice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

Appartment Act 2010 prohibits amendments in the plan without prior approval of the residents. If the builder got the plan sanctioned as mentioned by you in your query, then we may file a writ petition before High Court, and NOIDA can be directed to compel the builder not to divert from the sanctioned plan. Will also have to see your contract/agreement with the builder.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
155 votes

The developer can not alter the plan which has been approved by the authority . Obtain the copy of actual plan approved by the authroity on the basis of same you can opt for multiple options available to you under civil laws and consumer laws. You can also file a complaint of cheating

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles