×

Case regarding same matter be filed again after compromise in court

My mother's elder brother sold 10 acre land to a person without knowledge of my mother. My mother and her sister filed the case against the person who bought this land. The person who bought this land acknowledged that my mother and her sister a have legitimate and legal rights.. Compromise was reached. According to it my mother and her sister will give signature so that the person name come in 7/12 and he becomes the owner of land. And thereafter with the time span of 6 months he will sell 4acre land and will give money as per market rate. And in case he is not able to sell 4 acre land he will pay lumsum money as per market rate. Now the person is not willing to pay as per market rate saying market is down and nobody will buy land on market rate. He is giving 5 lack. But market value is 850000 per acre.. Now can we go back to court saying he is breaching the compromise terms. Why iam asking this question is because we have already withdrew the case after compromise.

Dear Client,
This is contempt of Court and you can very well go before the court of law and get the said amount from him or get the said property back from that person. Further it would be adviced to reach out to some good advocate for better and correct advice.

Expert Jurist LLP

Hi, when you withdrew the case was there a compromise deed or consent terms filed in the court. Based on that an opinion can be be given. If yes is he has deviated the consent terms u may approach the court for contempt of the same.