Can wife transfer property through NOC or relinquishment deed

flat owner has died leaving behind wife, mother and father and two minor children. wife has obtained survivor certificate, in which all three legal heirs are mentioned i.e. wife, father and mother. can the flat be transferred in the name of wife only as other legal heirs are ready to give noc/RD etc. as the case may be.

Answers (2)

210 votes

As per Hindu succession act only mother, wife and children can inherit the property not father if children and wife are alive. Here, case in hand only mother and children can relinquish their share in favour of wife by RD or other registered documents not by noc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

335 votes

Yes, flat can be transfer in the name of wife if other legal heir are ready to give relinquisment deed in favour of wife as you also mentioned that succession certificate has also obtained by them.
Thanks and regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles