Can siblings claim rights on brother's property

I belongs to a Hindu family.My grandfather is 3 brothers, in which he is elder one.He has a property of his own name. Earlier they 3 used to live on the same plot..after the both younger brother decided to go another place for job purpose and they both got settled there. Then my grandfather divided the plot in 2 parts one for his elder son and another for younger son .his both son had built their own house on their own alloted plot. Now my both younger grandfathers are objecting that they are too are entitled to get part of this plot. Is it possible or valid for them to claim for the property...? Also there is no such written document that they will be entitled for property in future. Please support me with valid answer.

Answers (2)

125 votes

It is necessary to know as what was the nature of your grandfather's family when the land in dispute was purchased--- if the family was of joint nature then all three brothers of your grandfather has equal share in the property , otherwise not. If the dispute arises, you will have to show that the property was exclusively of your grandfather.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

127 votes

There is issue in your query. Your grandfather's younger brother can claim their share in the property in issue but there is law in which you can prohibit then. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about the facts and act accordingly as per his advice.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles