Can my mother gift me her property

We are Hindus. My father and mother jointly own a property . House is built on it. Father expired last year can my mother gift to any one of us the ownership.

If the property was registered jointly with your father’s and mother’s name then after the death of your father his share equally distributed among his legal heirs. So the whole property could not sell or gifted by your mother. She can only gift her share and not her husbands share .

Yes, she can. The facts posted suggests deeper issues. What is the real issue? ....................................................... .....................................................................

Your mother can gift her undivided right in the property to anyone of her choice. Her right means her undivided right as per title and as inherited being the widow of her deceased husband. Your father's undivided right would be devolved upon his wife and children and his mother, if alive at the time of his death