Can i sell my sister's property with POA given by her

03-May-2023 (In Property Law)
I have been given general power of attorney by my sister to sell her invested property in Rajapur. My sister stays in Sangli and due to personal reasons she is not able to come to Rajapur to execute the sale herself. Can I execute the sale of the property without her? Do I need to execute the sale in the Rajapur jurisdiction itself or can I execute the sale in Sangli? How do I proceed ahead.
Answers (5)

Answer #1
646 votes
You will have to register the document in the Rajapur jurisdiction itself. You can sell the property on the basis of the Power of Attorney. The power of Attorney must include clauses that that sale proceeds will be credited to your sisters bank account only.
Answer #2
914 votes
The holder of power of attorney can execute the sale deed only if the right of sale is given in the power of attorney.
The registration of the documents can be done according to the location of the property. So according to the query raised I feel the property is Rajapur so the same can be executed in Rajapur. I would further love to help you if I have a chance to review your documents.
Answer #3
883 votes
for sale of property in Rajapur you are required to take special power of attorney. on general power of attorney you are not entitled to sale property. According to s-28 of registration act, you are required to execute sale at Rajapur.
Answer #4
904 votes
Yes you can sell your sister property as a authorized power of Attorney holder. Power of Attorney must be irrevocable and registered. You can execute sale of property without her.
You need to execute and register the sale in the Rajapur jurisdiction.
You need to appoint advocate for further documentation.
Answer #5
847 votes
If all the power are given in the General Power of Attorney i.e. Execution & complete the Registration process of Sale Deed of subjected property, fix the consideration amount, handover possession, etc. then you can execute the Sale Deed in favour of prospective purchaser. But you have to accept the entire amount of consideration in the account of your sister. If you want to execute sale deed in Rajapur on behalf of your sister you can do it through GPA otherwise you can prepare Sale Deed and pay stamp duty through online and execute it and sangli through your sister and you being power of attorney holder can complete the further registration process by using GPA at Sub Registrar's office in whose jurisdiction the property is situated. Actually execution means singing the deed in front of witness that you can do it anywhere but you have to admit the execution and complete the registration only at the office of jurisdictional Registrar office in whose jurisdiction the property is situated.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."