Can I claim right in my mother's property if she gifts it to someone

17-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
My mother in law transferd/gifted a home to her natin(my sister in law daughter). Can my wife get her share in this property.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
790 votes
Under Hindu Law, a woman is absolute owner of her property and she has full authority to dispose of it according to her sweet will, during her lifetime. Nobody can challenge it. After her death, all her legal heirs would be entitled to equal share
Answer #2
986 votes
No, you can not as the property of your mother in law as per hindu law is considered as Stridhan. However, if you have evidence or proof that the gift deed executed under pressure , influence, inducement or ill will then you can challenge the said sale deed.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."