Can I claim in my mother’s inherited property?

In Property Law
My father got some money after seeking my grandfather’s property, took some loan and bought three different properties.\n\n2 were on loan and on my fathers name \n1 was not on loan and on my mothers name\n\nAfter my father died in 2020, me and my brother signed a relinquishment deed and gave our stake in the property to our mother.\n\nNow I know that my mother is making up an will and giving everything to my brother. \n\nWhat can I do in this case? Can I claim anything?

Answers (4)

241 votes

hello client as i can see your issue is really veeh technical no doubt but in this matter you have full. rights in the inherited property from your father as well as even after going relingushment deed is done in fevour of your mother still you have full rights in your in the property yo claim it . so we nees to move to court so we can claim our rights

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

185 votes

In this case, you can claim partition in the properties which exclusively belonged to your father. As per law of succession you have your equal share in your father property. For any further legal assistance please contact


Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
230 votes

sir since you have executed a relinquishment deed in favour of your mother, you have let go of your rights in any of the properties.
now the sole owner of the property in your mother and she can do whatever she wants with the property.
if there is any foul play suspected in the will scenario please feel free to contact

188 votes

You can just challenge the relinquishment deed and create some hurdle to get injunction in the property ! Secondly when did your grandfather purchased this property ? Was it before 1956 or after the year 1956.
Please b in Touch

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles