Can I ask for refund from builder in case of change in layout

I booked one apartment and signed the agreement papers with the builder. Now builder is offering me to shift to another block different from the booked unit. Can I drop builders proposal and ask to refund my money

Answers (2)

220 votes

Yes you can subject to terms and conditions of the contact.If contact is specific and certain about number type specifications and you correspondence also suggest the same .you have every right to refuse.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

188 votes

Yes you can do that. Write a letter to the builder seeking cancellation and refund. In case he refuses to do so, you will have to serve him with a legal notice asking for refund with interest and thereafter file a consumer complaint.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles