Can I ask for refund from builder in case of change in layout

I booked one apartment and signed the agreement papers with the builder. Now builder is offering me to shift to another block different from the booked unit. Can I drop builders proposal and ask to refund my money

Yes you can subject to terms and conditions of the contact.If contact is specific and certain about number type specifications and you correspondence also suggest the same .you have every right to refuse.

Yes you can do that. Write a letter to the builder seeking cancellation and refund. In case he refuses to do so, you will have to serve him with a legal notice asking for refund with interest and thereafter file a consumer complaint.