Can grandfather sell property that is on his name but bought by us

11-May-2023 (In Property Law)
My moms father(grand father) is the head of my family, now my moms father age is 70+, now he is fully alcoholic, 15 yrs back my dad bought some land and kept in the name of my moms father, after getting retaired, my dad monthly sending 10k + to him, recently my moms father got operation 2 times to his knees for both legs and we spend somuch money for him, still his health condition is not well he is having some memory issues,psychologyst said if he drink daily he will forget everything, he is wasting money so we decreased giving money to him rather we gave money to my grandmother( moms mom), for daily uses , so my grandfather is saying he will sell the land to someone, but we kept maximum property in the name of my grandfather, and he is saying like that , legally what we can do now ? Please help me

Answer #1
While the property is on your grand father's name he is at liberty to sell away the property for genuine cause,which here in for his medical necessary. Only option left to you is that you convince him to transfer it on yours name.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
you try to obtain Registered Gift Settlement Deed from your grand father in favour of your mother, as early as possible to avoid future litigation in case if he transfers or alienates the properties behind your back. I think the original title deeds must have been in your father custody only.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato