×

quesCan daughter claim share in grandfather's property

I am a Hindu. My father died in 2001 and he has not made any will. The property belongs to my grandfather. My father has 4daughters and 2sons, we have not divided our grandfather's property. Now we want to divide the property as me being a daughter can I claim for equal share of the property among all, do I have the rights to ask for equal share. If i send a notice to my mother asking for equal share from the court and if they don't attend what will happen? Will I get the equal share of the property

• ansYa you have every right over the property of your share. You can send legal notice and if they failed to appear court will pass order without their presece subsequently you can execute it. Pls bring the documents to confirm legal opinion

Advocate Govindaraju K

Gandhinagar, Bangalore

• ans1. It is not clear your grandfather is paternal or maternal, assuming your grandfather is paternal side, what about your uncles who have born to your grandfather, in case you father is the only son who died intestate, the property will be devolve upon all the children, including sons and daughter, in such event all are have equal share.

2. You can claim half share in the property left behind by your father, in case defendants not attend the Court, then Court may place them exparte and proceed to decree the suit in your favor.

Advocate Ravishankar C S

Sadashiv Nagar, Bangalore

• ansYes you are eligible for a share in the ancestral property along with your mother and siblings. You can file a partition suit before the jurisdictional court and if they do not respond they will be placed ex-parte and you will get a favourable decree in your favour. It is prudent to collect all possible records pertaining to property before filing the case.

Advocate Geetha D Philip

Channasandra Layout, Bangalore

• ansNo you won't get any share from grand fathers property , how your share is included in your mother share. Which is coming from grand father. That you can take from your mother now only you can contest the matter ask court divide from mother share. Consult more.

Advocate Sharanagouda S. Patil

Vijayanagar, Bangalore