quesCan daughter claim share in grandfather's property

I am a Hindu. My father died in 2001 and he has not made any will. The property belongs to my grandfather. My father has 4daughters and 2sons, we have not divided our grandfather's property. Now we want to divide the property as me being a daughter can I claim for equal share of the property among all, do I have the rights to ask for equal share. If i send a notice to my mother asking for equal share from the court and if they don't attend what will happen? Will I get the equal share of the property

  • ansYa you have every right over the property of your share. You can send legal notice and if they failed to appear court will pass order without their presece subsequently you can execute it. Pls bring the documents to confirm legal opinion

    Advocate Govindaraju K

      Gandhinagar, Bangalore

  • ans1. It is not clear your grandfather is paternal or maternal, assuming your grandfather is paternal side, what about your uncles who have born to your grandfather, in case you father is the only son who died intestate, the property will be devolve upon all the children, including sons and daughter, in such event all are have equal share.

    2. You can claim half share in the property left behind by your father, in case defendants not attend the Court, then Court may place them exparte and proceed to decree the suit in your favor.

    Advocate Ravishankar C S

      Sadashiv Nagar, Bangalore

  • ansYes you are eligible for a share in the ancestral property along with your mother and siblings. You can file a partition suit before the jurisdictional court and if they do not respond they will be placed ex-parte and you will get a favourable decree in your favour. It is prudent to collect all possible records pertaining to property before filing the case.

    Advocate Geetha D Philip

      Channasandra Layout, Bangalore

  • ansNo you won't get any share from grand fathers property , how your share is included in your mother share. Which is coming from grand father. That you can take from your mother now only you can contest the matter ask court divide from mother share. Consult more.

    Advocate Sharanagouda S. Patil

      Vijayanagar, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had purchased a house in June 2013 for residential purpose. The property is registered…
1. AS per muslim law what are the rights and how much share of daughter…

I am a 58 yr old living with my husband (67),Son and Daughter in law.…

I have a land with proper documents. Recently my adjacent plot owner started his boundary…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly