Can children of my deceased uncle claim their rights?

Sir My uncle made release deed on his name of the property before 46 years which was originally on my father's name.But till date uncle had not registered his name on PROPERTY CARD, to issue by sub registrar.Both of them are deceased. I entered my name in property card by sub registrar.being a only hereditary direct line son,can I possess said property? Can children of my deceased uncle can claim their rights?

Answers (2)

Where is the property situated? Children of your deceased uncle can of course claim their rights. At present the property is in whose possession? If it is not in your possession, you need to file Suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

When your uncle had prepared release deed in favour of your father then why would he get entered his name in property card. If there is o only name and it is of your father, that is good for you. Now you have to think about all children of your father and ofcourse of your mother. Don't think what can be done by your cousins, you just what can be done by you. And proceed according to it.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi Sir, I need an assistance on the civil law, one of my friend father expired 25 years back and there are two different types of property transferred…

Read More

d contract made for consideration of 3,50,000/-,my dad paid 1,50,000/- to d defendants father, before the completion of contract d defendants father w…

Read More

I'm planning to purchase property, here's scenario. 1) Owner (Seller Father) died in 1997, leaving behind wife and 4 childrens (I'm not s…

Read More

Property was purchased in 2007 from A, same property was earlier purchased by A from B. B had inherited property from his father. Now B second wife so…

Read More