Builders name not coming on RTC, is it safe to buy a house

Hello I am Hindu and have planned to buy a newly constructed house, in RTC the seller name is not reflecting. However seller has a sale deed and EC is also showing in his name. Will there be any issue if I buy this property? what is the reason for not reflecting seller's name in RTC? and please suggest me whether is it okay to buy B khatha property?

Answers (2)

106 votes

Hi ,

If ur buying a house then check the sale deed , khata and tax paid receipt ..
U dont need to worry about seller name in RTC ..RTC should be checked only while buying agriculture land .........

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

196 votes

RTC's are normally issued for agricultural lands and also for lands which are converted from agricultural to non-agricultural use. Names get reflected in the RTC only if the buyer has approached the local authority to have their names entered in the Mutation Register. In your case there could be a possibility that the owner may have not done the same. You need to ensure it. Further, please also ensure whether the property you are buying is converted for non-agricultural land use because it could lead to legal issues in the future. With regard to "B" Khata property, all those properties which are within panchayat limits and are not yet covered under BBMP/BDA or similar authorities would issue "B" khata. This would mean that whenever called for you would need to pay betterment charges to the concerned authority and get the "A" khata. A lot of "B" Khata properties do get registered however as stated betterment charges would be levied at some point and time.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles