builder not giving plot possession not refunding money not contactable

we gave 3lakhs 12 thousand 400 rs . to tdi panipat on there pre launching of there plot to be given by them . The money was given on 2006 . we have all the recipets and document . we tried many times to contact them but they always give wrong statements . They never contacted us during this long period .

Answers (2)

94 votes

In the event Builder is avoiding communication with you, giving wrong statements, and not giving you possession, and in alternate not refunding your money, file a police compliant against the real estate company and its directors, and get an FIR Lodged.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

194 votes

For this we need to look at the documents as to what was the stipulated time promised by the builder to hand over the possession. Nevertheless in case the period promised by the builder to hand over the possession had already expired then you can file a suit for specific performance of the contract as well as suit for damages for the financial losses incurred by you due to non-delivery of the possession.
You can also file a complaint in the consumer forum against the builder for deficiency in services and claim compensation from the builder.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles