Builder charging 24% interest on late payment

Builder charged the money without ever mentioning in the receipts, (no receipts ever mentioned this) which is totally a ransom; since I have given the entire amount & after they started asking for the interest amount. 2. They charged 3% service tax; however I personally think even that is not required; pls clarify 3. On the top of that they constructed three extra flats on the club house which was not mentioned earlier in the brochure...infact they got approvals in last 2 months from GDA, which again is cheating Pls advise, should I move to consumer court & how I can put a stay on

Answers (3)

293 votes

Yes , you can file a complaint for damages to the consumer court. A criminal complaint against the director of the company . A stay on construction need to be taken through the High Court with very high chances of positive results, as the situation faced by you has become very common and the courts are aware of such cheating by the developer. The RE- APPROVALs on the once approved masterplan of the project itself is an illegal act where the GDA can be made a party too.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

134 votes

Yes. You may go before consumer forum.

But then you cannot dispute the levy of service tax as matters of deficiency of service are filed before consumer forum.

You may also lodge a FIR or a criminal complaint before the chief judicial magistrate again staff him.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience
292 votes

If the builder wants to undertake additional construction, which is not part of the layout plan shown to flat allottees at the time of executing the purchase agreement he must obtain the consent of the allottee. In cases of the builder/developer makes changes in the use of land or in the layout plan and the structures with respect to the one given in the agreement, the allottee must send a legal notice to the builder and if he does not respond to the same the allottee can file a complaint against the builder in the consumer forum or file a civil suit in a civil court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles