Brother threatening to file case if not repair the undivided property

Our Fathers land has not been partitioned but the problem is that due to rains the passage of second floor has become dangerous and my brother is saying he would file a complaint on us if we build(Remove the roof) what can be done is such issues?

Answers (2)

332 votes

Consult an advocate and issue legal notice to ur brother naratting facts and that he shall not interfere in ur repair/constitution work else u would rather approach police for necessary protection and tat u can also file civil case against it brother seeking mandatory injunction against him

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

180 votes

The solution is before going for construction file a suit for partition of your father's property before the court of law claiming your share of property and get your share divided with meets and bounds. This will solve your problem for ever. If you start construction and your brother files a complaint this will cause mental pain and wastage of time.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles