quesBought property with father in mother's name. How to claim it back?

In 2007 we had purchased a house so whilepurchasing that house I had invested money and my father . I have proof also what amount I had invested token money I had given to builder and builder had issued slip to my name and also I had taken one lac personal loan . at that property cost was 8 lac 50 thousand so I had invested 3 lac 50 thousand and my father had invested 5 lac but now my father is not ready to pay amount. property papers have been made to my mother . Can you please let me know , is there any way to take back money as per currect value of the property. Thanks

  • ans

  • ansWhatever is the booking amount stands forfeited in general circumstances . However, the rest of the amount can get refunded.Also it will be necessary to read carefully the terms and circumstances of your agreement and other relevant documents. To add further you can also write a formal letter to the builder and thereafter a legal notice of your change in intrest because of some strong grounds that ypu have come across.

    Advocate Richa Relhan

      Commonwealth Games Village, Delhi

  • ansHi,
    You can file suit for partition aganist your father and mother,to claim your share in the property .question is wheather your parents are staying in the same property ,if not after partition you can sell your undivided share.if they are staying then it would be difficult to get partition

    Advocate Ritesh Isaac

      Bengali Market, Delhi

  • ansIf you have shown the amount paid as investment in the tax returns for the relevant years you may succeed in an appropriate suit

    Advocate Rajat Joseph

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a Sikh Senior Citizen living with my wife and a mentally retarded handicapped…

Property was partitioned among my dad and 4 brothers Do partition suits have limitation or…

Bought under construction flat/penthouse at highest floor of project, the possession was to be given…
a land belongs to my grand mother, now 2 we came to know that some…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly