Bought property on wife's name can elder brother ask share in property

I am government employee younger in my family I bought a land on my wife name in the year 1995 . I am about to file a partition suit for my ancestral property . My query is , will my elder brother can claim any share in my land bought by me through my own income in my wife name ?

Answers (2)

197 votes

No he cannot claim if the property is your self owned only ancestral property will be claimed and divided but self owned property will remain with you only and no one can claim on that property except your children

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

107 votes

Hello Client hru.
I had read Ur. Query but as I have read Ur query it's very strange to knw tht in Ur sept earned property which u buyed on Ur wife name by Ur self now Ur brother is asking share in that property it's totally illegal and it is not possible at the questions Ur sation Ur asking Ur share in Ur ancestral property it's fine u have to claim it.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles