ancestral land division among 6 brothers

My father are total 5 brothers. My uncles are not willing to do division. What is the option left. Shall we file case in court for division If we file case or take stay order then my uncles cannot cultivate that land because they are earning money by cultivating land more than there share and that is why they dont want to divide. How long case will take to get clear. My father is handicapped, will this help us in the case.

Answers (2)

335 votes

Yes, you should file a case for division of property and then accordingly get the land division done. NO, the would be able to continue farming if you don't take a stay on any activity. it is suggested not to go for stay in fact file for sharing of all the income from this land till the decision on division comes.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

well your father can file a suit for partition but it will take time.secondly no lawyer can tell you the exact time by which you will get the relief.thirdly you can go for maintaining the status quo of the land in question.your father's deformity is not going to help you at all.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles