Ancestral land acquired through partition withheld by family member

Hi My land which I get as a part of partation ion from ancestral property. But one other person (part of ancestral family) had capture it and not giving away.cost of land is approx 1 lkh. What can I do for this legal whiting 10% to 20% of land cost.

Answers (2)

148 votes

Is the partition documented? If the answer is yes then under law no one can take or capture your land. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all the relevant facts and documents. Act accordingly under his advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

324 votes

please file a complaint with the concerned police station, explaining everything and the attached document also in support of your case . it is the duty of the police to solve this type of dispute. Also, forward a copy of your complaint to the superintendent of police.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles