Action against delay in giving possession by developer

How do i claim compensation from my developer if he delays in giving possession of an under construction flat beyond the time limit as agreed in the agreement?

Answers (3)

292 votes

You can't file a complaint case before the consumer forum claiming compensation for Tuesday's reason. You need to come to our office for further details. You will be provided the best possible remedy for your problem

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

346 votes

The developer is under obligation to deliver the flat within the stipulated time period. Immediately give him a lawyer's notice quoting the relevant clause stipulating the time period in the agreement and then lodge a complaint before the consumer dispute redressal forum, you will get immediate relief. All the best. Regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
124 votes

Hello. You can do that through legal process. You can go through legal process and after that go with consumer forum or you can go with civil procedure. That three options have for you. Now tou havr to choose which one will decied you. For further assistance you can contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles