Which law will prevail to obtain divorce for Muslim couples

Hi, Muslim couples nikah is solemnized as per Muslim laws than after few days registered marriage is performed between them under special marriage Act 1954, please let me know which Act will prevail for any matrimonial problems as well as to get divorce??? Whether for getting divorce Muslim laws are applicable or Have to get divorce under special marriage Act???

Answers (1)

179 votes

a marriage solemnized under S M act is deemed to be registered under the said act.
you can claim reliefs under special marriage act.
but when when you choose to go under the S M act you cannot jump to Mohammedan law for any other relief.
contact for further details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles