Want clarification regarding property division under muslim law

We are muslim, 3 sisters and 1 brother.i need to know how the property will be divided within us. My father has one side and two houses. Please explain

Answers (1)

136 votes

Division of parents’ estate between sons and daughters.

Parental property is to be divide between 1 brother & 3 sister . What be the share of each one as shariat.
Praise be to Allaah.

If one parent has died, or both parents, and they have no heirs except 1 son and 3 daughter, then the estate should be divided on the basis that each male takes the share of two females, i.e. the daughter will have one share and each of the sons will have two shares. So the estate should be divided into five parts, of which the 3 daughters will have three share and the two remaining shares will be given to the son. This should be done after taking out the expenses of preparing and shrouding the deceased, and paying off any dues he owed to Allaah or debts he owed to other people, and after fulfilling his bequests if he left any such instructions before he died.

“Allaah commands you as regards your children’s (inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females; ... (The distribution in all cases is) after the payment of legacies he may have bequeathed or debts”

[al-Nisa’ 4:11] 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles