Validity of 2nd marriage after 8 years of 1st marriage and a child

after 8 years of marriage and one child my husband want to marry second time

Answers (2)

88 votes

In Muslim law that is personal law a male person can marry four wifes living. According to the Muslim law your husband can marry the second marriage but if he is not taking care of you and your children you can approach proper forum for your redressal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

94 votes

Sister, Your question is after 8 years of marriage and one child my husband want to marry second time and the reply to my knowledge is

Thus the man who has absolutely made up his mind and desires another woman in addition to his wife, he is left with three basic options:
1. Form an illicit and secret unlawful relationship with the other woman,
2. Divorce and leave the first wife and marry the other, or
3. Keep the first wife, and marry the other as his second wife.

“If a man is able to take a second wife, physically and financially, and he can treat both wives in a just manner, and he wants to, then he is allowed to do so according to Islam. Allah says,“Then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four.”(An-Nisa’: 3)
It is well known that women are by nature jealous and reluctant to share their husband with other women. Women are not to be condemned for this jealousy, for it existed in the best of righteous women, the wives of the Companions, and even in the Mothers of the Believers. But women should not let jealousy make them object to that which Allah has permitted, and they should not try to prevent it; a wife should allow her husband to marry another woman for this is a kind of cooperating in righteousness and piety.
The first wife’s consent is not a prerequisite for a man to take another wife. The Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas was asked about this and replied as follows:
It is not obligatory for the husband, if he wants to take a second wife, to have the consent of his first wife, but it is good manners and kindness to deal with her in such a manner that will minimize the hurt feelings such thing might produce. So it’s incumbent on the husband to be kind to his wife, discuss the matter with her in a gentle and pleasant manner, and this should be coupled with spending whatever money may be necessary in order to gain her acceptance of the situation.”

But, if the Muslim person is a Govt. Servant then he can't do so means can't marry with another lady if first marriage not divorced. As the Govt. CCS Rules will not permit him for second Marriage without the divorce of his first wife.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunita Bafna
Mumbai Central, Mumbai
8 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles