Son's claim over mother's property according to Islamic law

My father in law had purchased 4 acers of land on my mother in-law​s name. He died without a will. Now can the son claim that land according to Islamic law

Answers (1)

Yes as per Islamic law the property of decesed person devolved upon his legal heirs at the moment of his death and legal heir becomes the owner of the property to the extent of his share as per Islamic law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer
Nampally, Hyderabad
13 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

my wife is runway with third person.she is married with him.i have no my divorce and talakh and police no take legal action please help me sir what to…

Read More

I have two childs.i leaved seprate with my wife becaus she dos' nt want to leave with my parents.i had do everything for her but she is continuing…

Read More

Dear Expert, i am a hindu and got married with muslim girl in 2002 . does she has rights to claim her property share in her father/mother/Granma prope…

Read More

What is the procedure for Khula?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue