My muslim boyfriend refusing to marry after teaching me islam

15-Jun-2024 (In Muslim Law Law)
My boyfriend promised to marry me if i convert to islam and I agreed, so he taught me namaz, quran and other aspects. I had started doing namaz on a daily basis(almost) after 3 years now he says he cant marry me for vague reasons. We did have sex based on his promise to marry. I am now 30years old(hindu) and feel cheated despite me learning and following his religion. Can any law help me?

Answer #1
Sex in the pretext of marriage is a serious offence. It is also recognized in the Section 69 of BNS(New IPC law).
Gather all the evidences or if there are no evidence then create a new one by recording and Approach a Women centri Police Stations and file a complaint.
You have approach women based NGOs or State/National women commission or a Lawyer if you need confidence.

Non-Legal Suggestion would be to move on and find a new groom and settle.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato