Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Husband refusing to pay any maintenance

i m by birth hindu, married muslim - by nikaah and under Spl Marriage Act. in 1990. In 1995 he brot another women and walked out leaving my daughter and me to fend for life, till date he never shelled penny, hv regd. case in 2015 4 maintenance (he retired in aug 2014), d'ter marriageable age, I am abt 2 retire, he still refuses to give a PENNY, please advise effective and efficient route for set it in order.

Answers (1)

You can file civil suit if he has a property. You can file case for your daughter also if she is unmarried for monthly maintenance. Your husband cannot ignored you if you are a legally wedded wife of him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Raj
Sushant Lok -1, Gurgaon
35 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I am an Indian citizen. My husband works in United States on h1 visa. I want to divorce him, we are Muslims. We have a 3 year old daughter (she was bo…

Read More

My ex husband says he is not working and cannot pay maintainance for the son. can i put a case against him in court. Can the court take action against…

Read More

Hi  I'm a muslimin 2013 or 2014 I remarried in India to a father of 4 children's whose wife passed away things were good till one year I …

Read More

what is talaq and how is it different for shia mulsims and sunni muslims?…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue