Father has gifted me property which was jointly owned under Muslim law

I am a muslim n my father has gifted me aproperty which was jointly owned by both mymom n dad, my mom has now expired, my dad has gifted me a flat as he was the one who paid for it n my mom name was mentioned only out of affection, i have an elder sister who has broken all ties with us for last 5 years n does not even attend our phone call, now the society has refused to give noc to enter my name in share certificate, light bill n property tax bill, according to them i have received only 75% of his share n 25% is my sisters share n they will allow me to enter my name in records only when she gives us noc.gift need is registered . What should we do now.i also want to know even if society considers my share as 75,% is it legal to enter my name in property tax bill n light bill .

Until and unless the gift deed is cancelled by the appropriate court you are the owner of a flat. You can register your name on the property tax and also on the electricity bill. There is no restriction for recording your name in the property tax or electricity bill. Property tax bill or electricity bill is not the proof title of the said property.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Nampally, Hyderabad