Father has gifted me property which was jointly owned under Muslim law

I am a muslim n my father has gifted me aproperty which was jointly owned by both mymom n dad, my mom has now expired, my dad has gifted me a flat as he was the one who paid for it n my mom name was mentioned only out of affection, i have an elder sister who has broken all ties with us for last 5 years n does not even attend our phone call, now the society has refused to give noc to enter my name in share certificate, light bill n property tax bill, according to them i have received only 75% of his share n 25% is my sisters share n they will allow me to enter my name in records only when she gives us noc.gift need is registered . What should we do now.i also want to know even if society considers my share as 75,% is it legal to enter my name in property tax bill n light bill .

Answers (1)

140 votes

Until and unless the gift deed is cancelled by the appropriate court you are the owner of a flat. You can register your name on the property tax and also on the electricity bill. There is no restriction for recording your name in the property tax or electricity bill. Property tax bill or electricity bill is not the proof title of the said property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
8 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles