Divorce Steps for Arranged Marriage of Shia Ithna e Ashariya Musli

05-Jan-2024 (In Muslim Law Law)
Before marriage, my wife wanted to live in a bigger city and as I was working, I agreed to it. During COVID, I lost my mother, got a permanent work from home and shifted to my home town a tier 2 city to be able to support my father. Wife is working in a metropolitan city, abandoned all matrimonial responsibilities since March 2023. I have also stopped providing her monthly maintenance since July 2023. We don’t have any children. I want a divorce, what should be my next steps?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
778 votes
If you both are ready for the separation/ Divorce you can approve the court for the mutual concept. You can go to the Quazi break the marriage and thereafter file the petition for it and take order on the same.

But if your wife is not ready than you need to file one side divorce under personal law.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
869 votes
You can pronounce your wife talaq in the manner provided As per Shia ithna asharia law only then the talaq will be considered valid. Otherwise there are chances of becoming invalid. Then you have to get copy of the divorce from court
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."