Clarification on the purchase of grand father's property in Muslim law

Hi sir/madam This is regarding to a land of grandfather who have 8 children. In that 8, 2 are buying that property by giving compensation to remaining 6 brother and sisters. My query is can the buyers register the property without signature of the remaining 6's children because they all r major(18+)? If yes, in future cant they sue on that property? Please let me know And we r muslims.

Answers (2)

141 votes

When the other sharers have received consideration and agreed to sell their share how can they now go back from their promise.
In Muslim law the moment a person dies his property gets automatically divided as per Muslim law. His sons and daughters have their shares. Thereafter the share that came to your father is divisible after his death. From your question it is no clear about ur father. If you feel that the arrangement is illegal you may file a suit for partition

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

93 votes

In your question first of all I would like to know, whether your grandfather is alive or not and regarding the purchase of the property by other members there has to be other documents need to be executed and the clauses need to be included while drafting the deeds, for which you can contact me for details.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Under muslim law, Can daughter sue for share on father's ancestrol property in his life time? Even if he make a will all his property to his other…

Read More

My husband and I lived together only for a month after our nikah. He forcefully sent me home with my parents because we used to have silly fights. It&…

Read More

How to close a case if the lady agrees for a compromise. She filed three cases as below and all needs to be closed. Kindly advise step by step procedu…

Read More

My nephew-married / muslim / male / father of a child, having a bigamy relationship with an unmarried muslim girl. He is threatening everyone that he …

Read More