×

Can a husband remarry without the consent of the first wife

I heard that in India if a married man remarries is an offence. But what i understand that a muslim can remarry without his 1st wife's consent. So will he be charge for an offence for remarrying?? Bcos we both went through alot in convincing both our family but all in vain. Tats y we want to get married without anyone knowing it but after the marriage we will inform them. But we are afraid that incase if they lodge a complaint against him. Will it be a case?? If can where can we conduct such a marriage in India?

there is no bar under indian law for a muslim husband to contract marriage during the subsistence of the first marriage. it would not amount to an offence of polygamy. you can contract marriage at any place in India or even abroad.

The Muslim marriage is very clear and it is contract. The first marriage to be dissolved then only second marriage is possible. However a Muslim man can have two wives at a same time. The consent of first wife

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Advocate Vijay Raj
Sushant Lok -1, Gurgaon

Ref to your posting in law Rato Muslim man can marry another without getting any consent form the first wife law has not prevent his marriage . Even without giving talak he can marry 4wifes . But due process of talk notice should be given as per Shariah 3mestural period time frame