Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Can a husband remarry without the consent of the first wife

I heard that in India if a married man remarries is an offence. But what i understand that a muslim can remarry without his 1st wife's consent. So will he be charge for an offence for remarrying?? Bcos we both went through alot in convincing both our family but all in vain. Tats y we want to get married without anyone knowing it but after the marriage we will inform them. But we are afraid that incase if they lodge a complaint against him. Will it be a case?? If can where can we conduct such a marriage in India?

Answers (3)

there is no bar under indian law for a muslim husband to contract marriage during the subsistence of the first marriage. it would not amount to an offence of polygamy. you can contract marriage at any place in India or even abroad.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

The Muslim marriage is very clear and it is contract. The first marriage to be dissolved then only second marriage is possible. However a Muslim man can have two wives at a same time. The consent of first wife

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Raj
Sushant Lok -1, Gurgaon
35 years Experience

Ref to your posting in law Rato Muslim man can marry another without getting any consent form the first wife law has not prevent his marriage . Even without giving talak he can marry 4wifes . But due process of talk notice should be given as per Shariah 3mestural period time frame

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I have got married last 12 August 2015 and my wife is not adjest in my home and left me in 45 days and went to her home without any info. After few da…

Read More

I am married muslim lady , I have two brothers, I want to claim my Rightful share in father property .…

Read More

I am away from my husband from 6yrs, he has accepted on watsapp that he is accepting my khula...wil i get divorce basis that..also can i claim any mai…

Read More

My parents are married for past 27 years, but my father is having an affair. So my questions are 1. if my father marry to another women, will i have s…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue