Aunt wants share in Mother's property that was gifted by grandmother

hi my maternal grandmother gifted a agricuture land to my mother as a gift deed after 13 years of registered deeds now my aunty wants equal share in that land and the land was gifted by father in law of my maternal grand mother and grand mother gifted to my mother but my aunty wants equal share pls help us according to muhammadan law thanks.and my aunt registered a case in court

Answers (1)

224 votes

As the property was originally gifted to your grandmother by her father-in-law, who in turn gifted the same to your mother during her life time under a registered gift deed, your mother becomes the owner of the same to the exclusion of all others. Your aunt can't claim any share in the property in question

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Muslim Law Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
11 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Muslim Law Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles