Person asking 4 lac compensation for settlement outside court.

I have been involved in an accident within the company living quarters. I was taking the usual route and while taking a turn a bike rammed into my car. He was injured and suffered multiple fracture in the leg resulting in plates being put. The recovery time estimated is 6 months. There is no way to prove that I am not at fault as everyone is blaming me. The injured is covered under the company's insurance scheme and has good income. He is asking for nearly 4L as compensation for settlement outside court. His monthly income with wife's put together is 1L. Please advice what to do.

Answers (1)

395 votes

There would be two proceedings in such a case. The first would be a criminal case filed against you which would emanate from an FIR registered at the local police station. The second would be a compensation proceeding before the Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal where the injured will seek compensation. The MACT will direct that the insurance company compensate the injured.

Have a trained professional mediate the issue. If the compensation that is required by the injured is reasonable, you may provide him with teh same and compund the case. The criminal proceedings would then halt due to your compromise.

Feel free to get in touch if I could be of any further assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles