My parents met an accident. Due to lack of sign board by government.

My parents met an accident due to newly made speed breakers without any signal, colours signboard or any types of warning signs. Now my mom is serious and under treatment. We couldn't inform police coz mother was in very serious condition. Now what should I do please let me know briefly and please help me. I need justice.


A motor accident has two facets, one is the commission of criminal offence and the other is compensation claim. The person responsible for causing the accident by negligent driving is liable to be booked for criminal offence, further liable to pay compensation to the victim. If he was driving rashly then we suggest you to lodge an FIR in the police station under Section279/337 against the person and also stating the grevious hurt to you.

The State will thereafter prove that the accident took place with whose and who was driving the same rashly and negligently. In such cases the statements of the eye witnesses (if any) to the accident is required to be produced during the trial.  

To claim compensation you have to file a separate petition under Motor Vehicle Act in the Motor Accident Claim Tribunal. Even if the fault of driver is not proved still the legal heirs of the deceased will be entitled to "no fault liability" from the Insurance Company.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

we stay in Ghaziabad. My husband expire on 1 june 2015 in an accident and left me and my twin daughters (8 years) . it was the bike slip due to heavy …

Read More

can i challenged the FIR registered against the accused by the police for not booking for criminal offence.the accused is booked only for rash and nel…

Read More

My wife went to nearby hospital. The security guard wanted to re park the car. He drove the car and hit the wall. AC and radiator damaged. Total cost …

Read More

Can we file mact when the vecile is unknown who had done the accident and what all claim do we get in road accidental death??…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue