Legal Advice in case party wants to file criminal case for accident.

I met with an accident about 2 weeks ago.I was riding a Bike and I was Planning To Overtake A Lorry And decided not as I was not able to see the road and was going go back but suddenly a 20-year-old boy came super fast and hit my bike to bike his and my bikes were damaged.But my leg is broken and he is minorly injured.And Now he is demanding compensation or he will file a case against me.His Bike is not in his name.I have a doubt does he have a driving license too.And something weird too happened that when we were in the hospital he called his friends and they came to the accident scene and stole petrol from my bike and was caught by the people and handed to police and was let go.My Bike is second-hand bullet and I changed RC to my name but didn't change the Insurance name in the time of the accident but now it is changed and now it is the third party.Please help me

Answers (1)

85 votes

Don't worry. Let him file the case. The offence will be sec 337 and 279 of IPC. Even if you pleads guilty for the offence, court normally fines to a maximum of rs 2500 . As you are having valid insurance, the insurance company will take care of any claim filed by him at MACT court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles