Husband died in accident. Who is entitled to the compensation?

My husband expired on bus accident.I File MVA case. on top of that my In- law also file the case.i would like to know who has rights to get the money.My in-law has been thrown me out from the home.They did not give any share to me also.

In Motor Vehicle Accident Claims, the legal heirs of the deceased, whether dependant or not can claim compensation. Therefore, both you and your in-laws are entitled to compensation. If there is more than one claim filed with respect to the death of same person, it is the duty of the tribunal to ensure that such claim petitions are heard and decided together.

Even if the Tribunal finds out that another claim petition with regard to the death of the same person is pending before some other Tribunal, it should ensure that only one proceeding continues. You may therefore engage an Advocate to file an application to consolidate the proceedings if both are pending.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers