quesHusband died in accident. Who is entitled to the compensation?

My husband expired on bus accident.I File MVA case. on top of that my In- law also file the case.i would like to know who has rights to get the money.My in-law has been thrown me out from the home.They did not give any share to me also.

  • ans

    In Motor Vehicle Accident Claims, the legal heirs of the deceased, whether dependant or not can claim compensation. Therefore, both you and your in-laws are entitled to compensation. If there is more than one claim filed with respect to the death of same person, it is the duty of the tribunal to ensure that such claim petitions are heard and decided together.

    Even if the Tribunal finds out that another claim petition with regard to the death of the same person is pending before some other Tribunal, it should ensure that only one proceeding continues. You may therefore engage an Advocate to file an application to consolidate the proceedings if both are pending.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Motor Accident lawyers in India

Similar questions

i was caught DnD . I dont have DL , police seized the vehicle .…

my car met with an accident with a bike. the person was badly injured i…

iam sitting in the car the driver made an accident so they put the case…
Hello, While I was driving my car on a highway, a guy came on the…

Motor Accident Lawyers in India

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  Swej Farm, Sodala
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vandana Bhansali

  Kamla Nehru Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly