How to get vehicle from police custody without registration papers

Hello sir/ma’am We had a car accident the next day we purchased the car. We had purchased the car on 14th july 2018 and met an accident on 15th july 2018. In the accident few seized cars by police were damaged and an FIR was lodged against us. The police said we need to get the car from the court. But unfortunately the car met an accident the next day after the purchase, we had paid the insurance fees, all the taxes and registration fees amount but have not yet received the registration copy yet because the car was damaged before the physical verification of the car. I want to know the process through which we can receive our car back with the payment receipt of the registration. We do not have our registration copy, but have paid all the dues and taxes, Kindly help

Answers (5)

263 votes

Hello Sir, in these types of cases it is very important to have documents along with you but in the situation in which you are in we have to file a special release application to the concerned court for this thing only and then the court may allow the application and order for release. Rest you can contact me by seeking details through lawrato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

147 votes

Dear sir .
File a prayer before concerning chief judicial magistrare/court with your full purchasing document & payment detail with your genuine time taking provision in registrstion .yourboroblem will be sort out there.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
343 votes

First of all you go to the agency from where you have purchased the car and receive your payment receipt which will have engine number and chassis number printed on it...
Then move an application with the engine and chassis number as per your receipt....
After the further prpcedures of the court your car will be released

320 votes

First accused/driver surrender before court and get bail, you will easily got bail as its a bailable offence then apply for car release on bail with undertaking. Your car would be release on bail after technical inquiry.

295 votes

Police has the power to seize vehicle....but police can't release it.. court has the power to release vehicle. Since a fIR has been registered against you. You must concern to an advocate in your circle. Don't worry it is a regular case ajd your vehicle will be released soon by court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles