Driver caused injury to a motorcyclist police inquiring me what to do.

My driver crashed in to a motorcyclist wherin the motorcyclist suffered minor injuries, he took him to the doctor but ran away when he got to know that police has been informed. Now 6 months later police came to my door asking about that incidence. The driver does not works with me anymore and lives in a different city, (I have his address and phone), I asked him to come to mumbai but his is not coming, now how shall I handle the police officers, ( I was not in the car during this incidence) (all documnets of car and driver are clear)

Answers (1)

66 votes

you need to provide and assist the police. you being the owner of the car you are equally liable for your driver. you need to call your driver back and you will have to assist the police in the investigation. provide the details of the driver to the police as well

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles