Custody of Vehicle after case closed

I bought a second hand vehicle from a person. The vehicle is registered to person A. I had gotten into an accident with this vehicle. Because of this the police has taken custody of the vehicle and after the case was closed, the court issued an order to release the vehicle to me. But the police has given the vehicle to the person whose name it is registered in i.e Person A. Person A said I could take the vehicle once I transfer it into my name. But he didn't give all required documents. Now Person A is ignoring me and Police is saying not his headache.

You made a mistake, when you purchased the scooter at that moment only you should have got the papers for vehicle transferred  signed from  seller.  

Now since he has the vehicle, so you can request him to transfer the same in your name. If he fails to register then you can file a case of cheating under Section 420 IPC against seller, but you should have some substantive evidence that you have purchase the said vechile from him

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

LH House, Bangalore