Custody of Vehicle after case closed

I bought a second hand vehicle from a person. The vehicle is registered to person A. I had gotten into an accident with this vehicle. Because of this the police has taken custody of the vehicle and after the case was closed, the court issued an order to release the vehicle to me. But the police has given the vehicle to the person whose name it is registered in i.e Person A. Person A said I could take the vehicle once I transfer it into my name. But he didn't give all required documents. Now Person A is ignoring me and Police is saying not his headache.

Answers (1)

246 votes

You made a mistake, when you purchased the scooter at that moment only you should have got the papers for vehicle transferred  signed from  seller.  

Now since he has the vehicle, so you can request him to transfer the same in your name. If he fails to register then you can file a case of cheating under Section 420 IPC against seller, but you should have some substantive evidence that you have purchase the said vechile from him

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles