Court issue fine through police station after 6 months of accident

I met with an accident around 6 months ago, it was actually due to a biker as he didn't wait for me to pass and he was entering the highway from a minor road intersection, it was a rural venue and he was a local of the village and so the bystanders witnessed against me to the police. The police later impounded the car and than told me to sign a couple of papers. I signed them without going through them as i was in a panicked situation but they later they released my car. Now i received a call from the local police station that I'm supposed to pay a fine Rs.3,500. and this fine is subjected from court. I don't understand why i'm supposed to pay this fine after 6 months and if it is so, why didn't the court send the fine directly to me as my address is clearly mentioned in my address. And for the accident victim sustained minor injuries and of course survived the accident. Is the police playing some sort of game, or can court send my fine to the local police station ?

Hello
only after an enquiry, the court will impose fine and moreover if the order to pay the fine is from the court, that will be in writing. so ask for the order copy of the court which mandates you to pay the fine and then pay. if they did not produce the order copy of the court, please don't pay the fine. thank you

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers