can i drive yellow board car with lmv license

29-May-2024 (In Motor Accident Law)
i am having regular LMV license can i drive taxi with lmv driving license. i read in newspaper that high count of delhi allowed regular LMV license holder to drive commercial vehicle. please check and confirm

Answer #1
The driver driving a public transport vehicle is different from driving his own car. A person holding a licence to drive private vehicle alone will not be eligible drive a cab or a taxi, for which he needs to obtain permit which will be issued for three years renewable.
Conditions to apply for a commercial license are below.
1. First, you should obtain a license for private car (non-transport).
2. You should wait atleast a year to apply for commercial license.
3. Minimum qualification for commercial license is 8th standard and you should be able to read and write.
4. First you have to apply for LL (Just a signature. No signal test) which will have 6 months validity.
5. After 30 days (minimum) you can go for the driving test.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
Yes the court has ordered to drive lmv for commercial purposes. But I don't think that RTI has ammended it accordingly. There is no restriction at all dear. Drive as per your convenience. There is no problem at all.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
No. you have been appraised for a wring fact. The Honb'le Supreme Court in the case of National Insurance Company v. Kusum Rai, (2006) 4 SCC 250 has held that a driver holding a driving licence to drive a Light Motor Vehicle was not entitled to drive a taxi. Even Hon'ble Delhi High Court in the judgment of Mukesh Dureja v. Narender Kumar and ors has observed the same.
There are further catena of judgments that in case you drive a passenger vehicle as taxi/commercial then you need a separate license for that. I must tell you one interesting fact kindly check you license it will mention "P" and "NT" in it. P means for private and NT means Non-Transport. So my sincere advice is to get a commercial license before you start driving a commercial vehicle/taxi else you will be in a big trouble. Hope this information addresses all your concerns. Best
Helpful? LawRato LawRato