Application of Road Tax in an inter-state car transfer

I have residential proof in Haryana and I am working in Bangalore. If i purchase a car in Haryana with Haryana registration and transfer the same to Bangalore then will I have to pay Road Tax for both cities Haryana and Karnataka separately?

Answers (1)

235 votes

I will advise you to buy the said car from Haryana after 1st of April as then the GST will be enforced which will make the price of car fall down. Also, You will have to pay the said entry tax in the state of Karnataka, not in Haryana.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles